Our volunteers play a vital role in making The Big Bang Fair a massive success. We are looking for volunteers who are friendly, reliable and enjoy working with young people.
Below are descriptions of each of the volunteering roles available at the 2019 Fair, with a run-down of the tasks and skills required to do them.
- Activities volunteer to help us ensure our activities at The Fair are facilitated in an engaging and inspirational way.
- Events volunteer to work closely with our events team ensuring that our visitors have a great experience at The Fair.
- Research and evaluation volunteer to help us gather information from young people, parents and teachers about their experience of The Fair, their views on STEM education and their perceptions of engineering careers.
- Careers Captain to help run the activities in the Careers Cabin and assist visitors with the Big Bang Challenge, helping young visitors gain a greater understanding of STEM careers.
- STEM Panellist to act as role models and participate in our 20-minute STEM career talks in the Careers Cabin.
- Big Bang Competition Judge to celebrate and assess the Big Bang Competition finalist projects in your area of STEM expertise on 13 March 2019.
- Robotics Challenge Judge to evaluate and reward Tomorrow’s Engineers EEP Robotics Challenge UK finalists on 15 March 2019.